Saturday, December 16, 2006

My first day "birding"





Those are some neat photos from our neighborhood:


In Prospect Park – it was great! I lost a little patience near the end, but overall it was great "first."

Birds we saw (that I can remember):

-Northern Cardinal
-American Coot
-Common Grackle (I didn't see this, but my guide did)
-Black-billed Gull
-Herring Gull (not sure, actually)
-Mute Swan
-Mallard
-Canada Goose
-Great Blue Heron (the only one in the park; I'd seen him before)
-Red-tailed Hawk (I saw this after I left my guide; apparently there are young ones here too)
-Pine Warbler
-Black-capped Chickadee
-Downy Woodpecker
-Shoveler (not the full name; kind of a duck)
-some other kind of waterfowl that starts with "r"
-Dark-eyed Junco
-White-throated Sparrow
-Rock Pigeon
-Tufted Titmouse
-some kind of nuthatch, I think
-Fox Sparrow
-Red-winged Blackbird
-American Goldfinch
-Belted Kingfisher
-Red-bellied Woodpecker

that may have been all, though there may have been more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home